COMMUNITY CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH OF ROSELAWN (CCRC)
POSITION TITLE:Pastor of Discipleship and Youth
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
CCRC seeks to intentionally develop a culture of discipleship and ongoing faith formation for members and visitors of all ages and stages in their faith journey. The full-time Pastor of Discipleship and Youth will be responsible for leading the congregation in developing this culture throughout all of our ministries, and for leading our members and guests to maturity in Christ. The Pastor of Discipleship and Youth will work as part of a collaborative team ministry with the Lead Pastor and other staff, calling all members and visitors of all generations to our mutual responsibility and joy in growing our faith and calling others to follow Christ.
1. Preference will be given to graduates of an accredited Reformed Theological Seminary.
2. Being ordained or eligible for ordination in the Christian Reformed Church is highly preferred. Candidates may also be qualified if they are ordained in a Reformed church or in a denomination in fellowship with the Christian Reformed Church of North America.
3. A commitment to on-going professional educational opportunities.
1. Experience and/or passionate about congregational faith formation (e.g. see first paragraph under Responsibilities).
2. Experience and/or passionate about leading our youth ministry.
1. A deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ, with a love for God’s people of all ages and a dedication to fostering Christ-likeness in all members.
2. An understanding of, appreciation for, and commitment to the Reformed perspective in general and the Christian Reformed Church in particular.
3. A relationally warm and inviting, confident, outgoing, self-motivated, independent, organized, and servant-minded individual.
4. Able and willing to work within a collaborative team ministry and to coordinate and delegate responsibilities of lay leaders as necessary.
5. A clear understanding of faith formation as a process, and the ability to lead others through this process.
6. An ability to translate vision and broad ideas into actionable steps for individuals and programs.
7. An ability to develop, promote, and execute program ideas to members of the congregation and to inspire their participation.
8. A willingness to work with all members of the congregation to shape and sustain a vision for CCRC’s desire for continued faith formation.
The Pastor of Discipleship and Youth will report to the Lead Pastor. A performance review will be conducted annually by the Lead Pastor. The results of the review, including performance observations and recommended changes in the position description, are presented to the Council for information or action.
1. For the first year or two the major responsibility will be to build on our church-wide faith formation process. This will include a review of our current ministries (e.g. Connection class, mentoring program, teacher training, small groups, youth ministry, adult education, volunteer recruitment, outreach programs, elder and deacon training, men’s and women’s ministry) and recommendations for changes in the structure and content of these ministries.
2. Serve as a member of the Education Committee and provide administrative assistance to the chair of the Education Committee as needed. Work within the Education Committee to ensure appropriate resources are available for ministries from children to adults.
3. Oversee and assist the two part-time Children’s Ministry Directors.
4. Provide a lead role in developing the Christian faith of our children, youth and adults.
5. Actively promote strong volunteer leadership for our children, youth and adult ministries.
6. Take an active role in leading and participating in our youth ministry (6th– 12thgrade).
7. Assist our church in developing a vision and strategy for our youth ministries.
8. Preaching opportunities will be offered 8-12 times per year.